View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shinkai
shin...
Prophet
Forum crawler

re: Xmas Event

Good Evening all

I will be somewhere within Azeroth, in appropriate clothing for the festive season, there will be a mail sent to each and every char in guild (gold permitting, there are nearly 300 chars) with a cryptic description. The calendar will also include such description, as well as a time and date. I will attempt to do it at different times, to give everyone a chance.

An orderly queue would be needed at the point that I reside at, it would be beneficial for those attending to keep their Mobile Banking off CD, so access to the GB is always available.

There are 2 tabs dedicated for this event, one of the tabs of the GB is temporarily merged with another. The 7th tab the prizes tab will be closed to all, other than myself, during the time of the event so that I can randomise the presents, and so that everyone can take part and not be suspected of selecting a specific present. This does mean, that I can't take part in the same way, but thats life. The other tab, the Voucher tab is designed for this event is full of plain letters, in every slot, with a coordinate of the 7th tab.

During each event, members will come to me, and select 1 plain letter from the tab, then trade the letter with me. I will then remove the referencing slot present and wrap it, and trade the present and the letter back. Before commencing the event I will screenshot the present tab, so that I can display the contents after the event, so that everyone can see that I did exactly what was written in the letter. I will also keep a log of each member and their letter, so that I can keep track.

Also, as a little addition, if the member is willing, I will take a screenie of them when attending my festive presence. Then we will do a fun festive Transmog/costume competition with the top 6 being given an Orge Costume as a reward. The Transmog/costume does not need to be christmasy, but it would suit the time of year, I just don't want to see 80 members in santa/snowman suits.

If you are interested in the contents of the presents, there is a mixture of mounts and pets, such as Vial of the Sands, Guardian Cub, White Kitten, Elwyn Lamb, etc. Once you have received your present, the present is yours, you may exchange or give to other members, use it on an alt, denote it back to the GB if your crazy and oh god why would you waste your present by selling it.

I am still trying to improve the presents available, so any assistance is very welcome.

Also the New Year Lotto tickets will be available to purchase from the beginning of the first Xmas event. 10g per ticket, and a maximum of 20 tickets each. The lottery is organised by the addon we have used previously to manage guild lotteries. The winning amount will be a single prize made from the tickets sold, and double by using the GB funds. The Lotto draw will be made after the New Year, just need to work out when I am free to complete the draw.

Shinkai
shin...
Prophet
Forum crawler

re: Xmas Event

The season has passed, however the poll for the Costume competition is still outstanding.

The pics of all the dressed up members are viewable in the Gallery.

I have also included the pic of the Guild Bank of all the pressies prior to the events, incase anyone suspects I made any mistakes during the events. But I can assure I did not.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nothing Else Matters Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum