Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nothing Else Matters Forum Index -> Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robocz
Venturer
"Special"

re: New PC for WoD

I am buying new PC for WoD (not only for that ofc).

I am outta "building PC" business for like 5 years already so I am quite lost.
Is there anyone who can quickly run through the list and tell me some obvious mistakes etc?

http://www.czc.cz/7lffij50iei3eb88fvog7mhgf3/seznam

I know it is in czech, but should not be that much of a problem.

Mucho grazias.

Oh .. and I am moving 1x 2TB HDD over from the old PC. The SSD is just for system and WoW envy

Forum crawler

First mistake, it's czech :P

Secondly, why watercooling?

Thirdly (Nvidia card, so i reckon this'll be a non-issue) check whether all your hardware has windows 8.1 compatible drivers.
Fourth: What will you use your eight cores for? (once again, no idea how well they do multithreading in WoW nowadays)

robocz
Venturer
"Special"

Dunno .. seemed right Happy

As I said, I am out of the business for like 5 years.

I am working on another setup now.

Seems like AMD CPU is completely wrong idea.

-

Ohh and HI OMF YOU COMING BACK MMKAY?

Edit: Ok .. thats what I am considering now:
http://www.czc.cz/6n5llsqf66i9ub3ev27id2pegb/seznam

Hopeless Case

"Hi - I'm building a new player PC, and given that he is "in the field" building a PC about 4 years not moving, so I swim in the wreck. "

I love google translate.

----

Better off with 4 cores and 8 threads (CPU you picked is 8/8 I think) unless you plan on playing awfully made newly released games on max. There's very little use (or even acknowledgement) for the extra cores by many applications.

AMD also dropped the ball by letting nVidia/Intel pay companies to optimize their games using their hardware so you'd be better off getting a competitively priced Ivy/Sandybridge.

As for more general advice, it's always best to say what the actual application of the PC will be and your expectations from it. (playing new games on high or streaming in 1080p to young brazillian girls what have you)
robocz
Venturer
"Special"

Plan is to play on High, dont wait Ages in Civ on AI turns etc :p

Also .. the second one seems better .. check it Happy

Hopeless Case

I run 2x £70 cards in SLI with a worse processor. I raid(ed) in Ultra and Civ 5 took ~ 10s to complete the AI turns on max settings late game.

That card is £270 in comparison so I doubt your fan would even turn on playing either of those games rofl.

Edit: Almost convinced I use more processing power talking shit on vent than WoW uses.
Altrezza
Venturer
Hopeless Case

Hmmm...oke..Hi! PC Builder!

Few things:
- The AMD-processor you picked in the first list is no good (in any way) for gaming. Like Volson stated before me, you better off buying a quad-core. This doesn't necessarily have to be one from the Intel-camp tho. For example you could go for like a Athlon X4 860K, if you want to save some bucks.

- The Intel-processor you picked in the 2nd list, is not the best buy either. I would recommend going for the 4460, instead of the 4690 you picked. They run at almost the same speed (200Mhz difference), something you wouldn't even notice in everyday-use or gaming. Their price however differs alot (about 45EUR).

- It depends how long you wanna do with the videocard, and what games (other than WoW) you wanna play on the highest possible graphics. This being said, I would consider a cheaper card for now (let's say: MSI R9 270X Gaming 2G) which would not cost you a fortune (about 170EUR atm), but run WoW (and CIV) on high smoothly.

Also...It rlly had to be in Czech? envy

"Special"

I was considering 4460 as well.

But the thing is - I have put my budget to 30k CZK and I do not like to upgrade CPU/GPU at all - I simply dont like to touch these things. I prefer not to upgrade anything lately or be it RAM if something.

I may still reconsider the CPU and go for 4460.
The GPU is according to all sites I have checked balanced to this type of CPU (both 4460 and 4690) so no point in downgrading the GPU.

These both should be ok and nothing much to put there instead to be at the 30k CZK budget. / RAM maybe, but its not needed as 8GB is enough for now and it can be upraged easily if needed.
_

And yes, it has to be in czech as once I am done with it, I will just buy I there directly
I never said I am not lazy, did I?

Mr. Volson wrote:

That card is £270 in comparison so I doubt your fan would even turn on playing either of those games rofl.

Well yeah, with my crappy PC I have atm I cannot play anything else.

So the plan is to buy something which will last me for 5 years again envy

Hopeless Case

Don't give in to Altrezza's western propaganda Rob! Reunite the slavic nations and re-take wessex!
robocz
Venturer
"Special"

envy

BTW - I did small (hopefully final) change.

I have replaced the 4690 by 4460 and for the saved money I replaced the 520W Seasonic for 620W modular Seasonic. That should make sure that the PSU will never get above like 60% usage which should guarantee very silent run of the PSU. Also the modular cabling will help for smoother airflow inside the case.

Saved me like 30EUR in total.

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum