View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shinkai
shin...
Prophet
Forum crawler

re: Nothing Else Matters

Hey all

It has been a long time since this site was active. It's a real shame. But that is due to people moving on, the guild stopped raiding over a year ago.

The new expansion has brought a lot of people back to WoW and to NeM, but it hasn't brought everyone back, and it won't keep all of us on WoW all day every day. For some time I have been considering what to do with the "guild" site.

What has kept us all in contact either through WoW, Battle.net, facebook and such, is the community. That is why I would like to turn the "guild" site in a community site.

One where we can chat and discuss WoW, plus all the other games we play. I find out that a lot of us all play the same games, but we only play together in WoW.

So over the past couple of months i've been clearing out the old structure of the site (not finished yet), to be ready to implement a new set of forums.

I have also been asked about a raid team in WoW, and I have tried to be as clear as I can. I can't manage a raiding guild anymore, we have suffered so many drama's, setbacks, losses and hard times that I can't face losing a good friend again and again, because over 8 years NeM burnt out so many amazing Raid Leaders and Officers that the metaphorical officer graveyard has no more space left.

Fortunately many of those rotting corpses are still good friends of mine, but we have lost so many more. I no longer want to lose good friends because managing a raiding guild is like managing a business.

Nothing Else Matters will still raid, but we will raid casually. We will not go recruiting people to force a raid group. We recruit people that want to be in NeM for NeM not for the glory they think they might get. We are not going to force someone to Raid Lead week in week out to the point that they no longer enjoy logging on to WoW, so if someone wants to run a raid on a night, great, but it isn't their job.

I want Nothing Else Matters to be your home not your job/career. Members have left for hardcore raiding, and returned to NeM when they need a break, thats totally fine, they came home. They may leave their alts at home and go do some serious work in a raiding guild, thats now fine.

But as I said, Nothing Else Matters will still raid, but not pushing content and not pushing each other.

To some of you this may be a shock, and a concern for the future. I understand, i'm worried for the future of NeM in WoW. But I want NeM to go beyond WoW.

I want to be able to log onto any game I play and have the opportunity to play with the best people I know, our community, and have a great time, because, Nothing Else Matters.

Shinkai
shin...
Prophet
Forum crawler

Hey all

I see some of you have read this post, but a sof yet haven't responded. But I suspect that the few people leaving for raiding guilds is a sign whom.

No worries, I suspected as much. Good luck, but don't be strangers. You have alts still with us, and as of a few minutes ago, I created a global chat channel in wow, on Draenor for Horde so if you are in other guilds raiding then you can still contact with other Nemmers through the global channel.

The channel has been labelled NeMChat, it hasn't got a password as from experience password protected chat channels in wow don't work very well.

Also if you are reading this and like the idea of sections in the forum to discuss other things, then don't hesitate to give advice on what sections and other ideas you could suggest.

...Mayday...
Augur
Forum crawler

I think that is a very good solution Shane and a good way to keep us all in contact. Lovely idea.

Hopeless Case

Thanks Happy
Kiralandrah
Kiralandrah
Traveler
Hardcore

*applauds*

Thank you for the great post.

Quote:
want Nothing Else Matters to be your home not your job/career.

This is exactly what I need. I have been through my own personal hell last year and have a very exhausting job and all I need when I game is a place to relax and call home.

If I'm good enough / allowed to come along for the odd casual raid, I'd really love that, especially if it's a relaxed atmosphere.

You won't be able to be completely rid of me unless you kick me out.

I hope to see you ingame!

Kira - Cornelia

photo rikerchase.gif

Altrezza
Venturer
Hopeless Case

Nice post Shane. And yes I agree this is the way NEM needs to go, atleast form my perspective it has been goin in this direction for the past like 8 months.

You know I will always be a part of this, not for the HC-raiding anymore but for the social aspect of things.

That begin said...I should get back online sometime in the next 2 weeks. This broken-videocard-trouble still unsolved..but I heard my paycheck is coming in soon envy

Sorry for the extreeeemly slow response but yeah i'm in agreement on all points.

Was thinking of creating a thread where we can share our different app IDs like steam names etc Happy

Can i make one now and you'll just be able to move it later shane or do you want to do your magic stuff first? =)

Venturer
Hopeless Case

Also; the best change you made to the website was stopping the song from auto-playing, it's a good song but holy god...I think I have the intro carved into my soul.

Edit: 420 posts
Overtake
No Life

I myself have moved on since a week or 2. I now found a guild in which I can have my raiding experience which I am looking for. I will have my ALTS in NeM and will be loggin them from time to time... mainly to check up on NeM rather then leveling then xD.

I totally can understand your points of view Shane. We had talks about his more frequent in the past and I think its good to see this through. Ill be joining the global channel as soon as I get online. Verry good idea!!

ill ttyl! OT out

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Shinkai
shin...
Prophet
Forum crawler

Pony, you can go ahead and make a post.

I've been meaning to do a new Who Am I post, with upto date information, which I will include all my details.

Also want to setup the different sections on the forum, but right now, I haven't had the time to when I haven't wanted to actually be on wow.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nothing Else Matters Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum