Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nothing Else Matters Forum Index -> Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robocz
Venturer
"Special"

re: 2OMF: DMG meters competition

I did not want to derail Alanthia's thread so I started new one.

Onemanforest wrote:

You just want me to go hunter cause you're afraid of competition on the dmg meters :P

Well - that was a joke and I guess it was obvious.

1) You will always beat me as you are better player and you grasp things extremely fast. Also beating me on rogue or on hunter - wheres the diff? Still was a joke though.

2) I still suck at the war, the Fury rotation is crazy (however my deeps went up 20% within 1 week since I swapped specs without changing any gear tbh just by practice).

It is weird - I have worse gear than I had on hunter (as well weap), I do same deeps as I was doing on hunter before - Single target it is - (where it used to be top5 or so DPS and I felt useful) and now I feel like I am dragging the raid down. Everyones deeps just skyrocketed for no obvious reason - their gear is not that better compared to 4 or 5 weeks ago.

Seriously it is making me sad - even when I feel I did things right, the DPS is not what I expect it to be (simply I have to be comparing it to others). Or everyone is just AoE crazy while war AoE is not something to be excited about, I dont know really - the fact is, I am not really having fun in the raids lately, I am just tired as I feel the rotation is hard and straining (maybe it is just me? - just checked Assa rotation out of curiosity (while comparing to you) and was just "wth is that - that is all? my rotation is like 5 times more complicated and I use many more abilities") and I am not getting expected results.

Maybe I just need more time to learn and practice it?

Maybe mobs just die too fast so I cant do proper Execute rotation (which are the highest part of my DPS)? During the Tue raid when there were some undergeared Deeps and thus the bosses did not die THAT fast, or I was not stressed or god know what - I was doing like 15% more - let say on Empress (truth is it was patchwerk pure single target) I was higher than what I do in ToT and during execute it went around 550k (which I dont see in ToT) while not flasked and not potting.

Or maybe bosses in ToT just run around much more or I have to run much more?

Or maybe I am just stressed about it (worried about failing) and fail by default?

Is my gear still shitte and am I expecting too much from myself? (Fury is extremely gear dependant, possibly most from all classes - possibly even more than firemages).

I honestly dont know.

I am finnaly going to upgrade my weaps to 530 this week and will see if it changes anything.

I am tired and unhappy atm

Forum crawler

It was a joke. And boss movement is mildly infuriating.

Shinkai
shin...
Prophet
Forum crawler

I feel your pain.

While we have both been raiding as DPS warriors, I have been keeping an eye on our DPS and ability useage. Not delving into the logs too much, but just enough to find any comparison.

My DPS has gone up, not spectacularly within the raid, but in comparison to other Arms Warriors it has. I have upgraded my weapon, and I suspect yours will with 2 x 530 ilvl.

But something I have noticed, it maybe the change to DPS as melee. As a tank I never had to be worried about where the boss was, and DPS/Healing interruptions (Mucky Floor abilities) never really impacted me too much. But as DPS I have had real issues in making sure i'm in range, i'm still alive, which has resulted in my not DPSing as much as I should. Hopefully that is now changing.

I want a second weapon myself, either another 2 hander or 2 one handers to try out Fury. The DPS difference for Arms and Fury is ridiculous, or at least supposedly.

It will come.

_Hyperion_
No Life

Dont stress about it that much mate. I know i made a post like this before aswell en look where i am now. Not the best but solid midpack and i happy with that. It will come with practice on your class en practice in raids with your class (knowing what to pop when in a fight).

Tbh just do like i do. Delete recount :D one thing less to worry about untill you get better. It takes a while to fully master your class. I have been playing paly for a long time now and even now i learn things. Like Shin said. Things will come. I know it can be frustrating but dont let it get to you.

P.S.
I have no "grats addon" :p
robocz
Venturer
"Special"

_Hyperion_ wrote:
Dont stress about it that much mate. I know i made a post like this before aswell en look where i am now. Not the best but solid midpack and i happy with that. It will come with practice on your class en practice in raids with your class (knowing what to pop when in a fight).

Tbh just do like i do. Delete recount :D one thing less to worry about untill you get better. It takes a while to fully master your class. I have been playing paly for a long time now and even now i learn things. Like Shin said. Things will come. I know it can be frustrating but dont let it get to you.

P.S.
I have no "grats addon" :p

I dont run recount during raids - the only thing it does is that it lowers FPS.

P.S. envy

Quote:
Or everyone is just AoE crazy while war AoE is not something to be excited about

I thought TG AoE was meant to be pretty OP at the moment, this is a snippet taken from a wow insider article regarding the subject, not sure if anything has seen the nerf hammer since it was published.

Full article here http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/04/21/the-care-and-feeding-of-warriors-too-good-and-not-good-enough/

This basically means that all you want to do is hit Whirlwind until you have Meat Cleaver stacked either to the number of targets you want to hit (if there are three mobs total, you'd WW twice, for one Raging Blow on your main target and two additional targets) or three times if you have four or more potential targets, and then you pop a Raging Blow that hits all four targets at full force. That's right, it doesn't spread damage like an AoE attack, it just hits each target with a Raging Blow. Why does this make for so much more damage for TG fury than SMF fury? Because Raging Blow hits with both weapons. Hitting up to four targets with both two hand weapons for 190% weapon damage is pretty amazing. Whirlwind, by comparison, hits all targets around it for 85% weapon damage with both weapons. In a situation where there are four or more targets popping those WW is less about the damage they themselves do and more about getting that beefy 2h weapon Raging Blow to hit four mobs for its full damage. And as always keep in mind that since you have to be enraged to get Raging Blow, you're also getting your damage on that attack buffed by Enrage and your mastery.

Venturer
Hopeless Case

Firstly, if the guild cared that much about about DPS then they'd tell you to re-roll rogue or DK. Since they sanctioned a class change to warrior I wouldn't worry about it.

Warrior has had a pretty high skill cap for a few years now, so it's probably what you are seeing. It was one of the first classes to migrate from rotation to priority systems I believe.

If you really care then posting in a fan forum would be better than posting here. Try something like: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/998157-quot-Fix-my-DPS-quot-Log-analyzes-and-general-help-*READ-OP-FIRST*/ Although if you ask on a top 50 guild forums you might get some help too (albeit they only answer direct questions if ever).

Looking back over the tiers this expansion DPS has been more based on personal knowledge of the fight than gear (although gear certainly helps). You need to pro-actively engage in the fight knowing rough timings of when things that will affect you will happen. I don't really do it myself (probably one of the reasons why people never take my advice) but if you want to min/max then you should.

I do like to keep recount open to see individual parts of the fight though. Reset it before some specific happens to see if something I do needs changed. For example, we get to x phase really easily but straight after it's over something going wrong so I'd reset it after x and see if there's an opportunity for me to do something different. Sometimes it's good for talent changes too.

Overall, if you find yourself happy then you are probably doing something wrong. Ignorance is bliss right?

TLDR; Less QQ more pew pew
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nothing Else Matters Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum