View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ciesios

re: Recruitment closed?

Why aren't we recruiting more players?

It's really frustrating and also demoralizing to sit out every time there's a 10m raid. We should recruit more ppl or turn this into a 10m raiding guild. Often there are 7-8 players sitting out. Most of us get max 2 raids per week, which is not what I applied for. Please do something to address this soon.
Althonios
Augur
Hopeless Case

Fx yesterday we could only have one run as there was only one RL. Today two RL but only two tanks...one run. The reason why its closed is that we have more than enough players that sign up wednesday and thursday where its typically 30 or more people.

School and work has startet again for many after the summer break and many would like to get a good start and therefor mostly sign up "only" two times...that's my theory.

I can understand your frustuation and we have a reqruitment meeting next week where we will discuss it. Though I can only see us open for tanks atm as we have more than enough healers and dps which would just make the "issue" worse if we open for those aswell.
Ciesios

Then open recruitment for tanks, and perhaps solve the RL issue.

With the announced FL nerfs incoming, more ppl will want to clear it every week.
...Mayday...
Augur
Forum crawler

Easier said than done.

We have brilliant raidleaders and they are allowed to have mess going on irl and then be able to take care of it without us replacing them. (try to replace them) There is hardly any interest in being a raidleader in the guild (from what i have seen from the applications we received when needing raid leaders) So please be abit patient + the poor raid leaders are people as well with lives besides wow ;)

I have however opened recruitment for one DK tank
Kejaro

Must say that it is not fun to bench a raid night to often. And seem like theres some sense about ppl want to clear more with the upcomming nerf Happy
Shinkai
shin...
Prophet
Forum crawler

Regarding the RL issue, when I heard fish was beng forced to step down from an active RL position due to work, I advertised internal recruitment for a new RL. I was considering to take on 2, so we had plenty for multiple runs.

Sadly not 1 of the guild applied. Fuzzy only ended up with the job, after he was suggested as a RL in jest, after which the seed was planted and a RL grew from that seed.

If I could mass produce RL's and raiders to sign-up from cloning technology, I would.

Sadly the end of summer is here now, and it is the time most guilds have to look at what they have lost due to the summer enticements. Start recruiting to replace those losses, and prepare for the winter losses. In the early stages of the summer we decided due to the mass influx to hold off on recruiting until this time.

Now it is time to check how raider stock sign-ups and recruit intelligently, so we fill the missing positions and specific raid nights so we can have a 25 man raid clearing to Rag, and get the experience on 10 man with Rag, so we can then nuke him on 25 too.

Blizz Nerf faster than a prostitue goes down.

FuzzyAyden
Hopeless Case

It's very unfortunate that Blizzard decided to go nerf next week, but there's nothing we can do about this except hope for a very good raiding week with a pre-nerf kill.

You must realize that the job of the RL starts way before the raid. Figuring out tactics that aren't working yet, getting a healthy yet fair raid group where all raiders get a chance.
At this moment we have to do this my looking back on the calendar and this is far from ideal, currently Shin (and I think Mard as well) are working on a system that gives us a good overview of what raider should be benched the next raid and what raider has been benched several times and should be taken this time.

So bear with us, we are doing our best to keep it fair to all raiders but it's like juggling with 30 balls. We sometimes fail and let some fall But if that happens we'll try to pick it up as soon as possible!

I dont think the 10 mans are a lack of players. its the lack of signs. people only come for the "easy" runs and don't show up for new bosses. Im not saying they are doing this because they're afraid of wiping but its kinda odd if you ask me.

Maybe its me being too "hardcore" but new bosses give you a challenge its not fun to kill the same thing every time I want progress, and if more people would sign up for those we can make more progress in 25 man and move on to heroics. as said before there's more then enough players/raiders in this guild for 25 man runs unless most of them can't come on sunday/monday then you could recruit for those 2 days specifically but thats the only option really.

On the raid leader thing, I told shin before that I can raid lead if needed, ive been Raid leader of guilds like Leviathan and Wrath of the Whorde (WotW) and GM of both too. The only thing is that I maybe a bit more "hardcore" then most ppl in this guild like as im used to higher end raiding.
Kejaro

Worth a good try in my book ^^
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nothing Else Matters Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum